OK, we`re getting down to some of the more advanced parts of Scratch. We`re going to look at 2 existing projects, 1 is a game, and 1 is an animation. We will look at the color touching color feature and how basic animations work. Your assignment will be to extend each project by a few items.
If you were having troubles with Lesson 2, here are links to the 3 projects that have the scripts you can look at:
- Pacman game project. Open up the following project, https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/62830/ then click on “See inside”, then on “remix”.
- Animation project. Open up the following project, https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/583762/ then click on “See inside”, then on “remix”.
You have a choice for this assignment. Extend either the pacman game, or the animation.
For the pacman game, you must add the following:
- add a second Pac Man (with different sets of controls.)
- add another mazes (backgrounds.)
- add a score counter for the targets obtained.
- add sound effects according to the motion of the Pac Man.
For the animation, you must add the following:
- once the boy reaches the other side, add another background with background music
- add another animated sprite
- add sound effects according to the motion of the boy walking.
Next class, we will look at a couple of neat projects for some inspiration for your final project. I will be giving you your final project requirements next class.